She loved the butterflies his words always brought,
With the wings of love she could fly, she thought.
His love she felt so pious and pure,
Her dying soul just needed this cure.
~She felt her broken heart heal~
But that wasn’t part of the deal,
Her emotions he would hardly feel.
Little girls’ heart was like his toy,
Breaking it down gave him the joy!
While being on spree for trying New things; This is my first attempt at writing a Puente poem in response to this week’s Poetry Jaam prompt
What is a Puente poem?
A poetic form, the Puente (which means bridge in Spanish), uses a one line “bridge” to connect the first and last stanzas. Here’s how it works,
– 3 stanzas
– Stanzas 1 & 3 contain different ideas,
– Stanzas 1 & 3 consist of the same number of lines (meter and/or rhyming up to poet)
– Stanza 2 connects meaning from first to last stanza
– Stanza 2 must be one line enclosed in
tildes ( ~ )
– Stanza 2 is the last line of Stanza 1 and first line of Stanza 3